The Sabine Parish School District is recruiting parent volunteers to serve on the District’s Sabine The committee will be comprised of parents and/or guardians representing the diversity of Sabine Parish students in grades K through 12.
The SPSD recognizes that family engagement in education has a positive effect on student achievement and is an important strategy to close achievement gaps. The district wishes to promote respectful partnerships among educators and families in order to support student learning and positive child/youth development at home, in school, and in the community.
The main duties of the Parent Advisory Committee will be to:
- Represent their school community by seeking their input and feedback.
- Attend upcoming meetings scheduled throughout the year.
- Identify and recommend strategies to increase school-family partnerships at district and school building level.
- Assist and support school district efforts to engage parents and community members.
- Actively participate in the process by listening and sharing information.
- Commit to pursuing the interests of every student in Sabine Parish Schools.